The 10-Page Torture Test
May 18, 2024, 10:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: tenpagetorturetest at gmail dot com

Home   Help Search Chat Login Register  
Pages: [1]   To Page Bottom
  Print  
Author Topic: STING by Kiah Roache-Turner (2024)  (Read 44 times)
Pitchpatch
Rollercoaster on fire
Administrator
Mugwump

« on: April 30, 2024, 12:36 PM »

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20112746/

Logline

"After raising an unnervingly talented spider in secret, 12-year-old Charlotte must face the facts about her pet-and fight for her family's survival-when the once-charming creature rapidly transforms into a giant, flesh-eating monster."

Discussion

Woven through this LL (oh god, I went there) are the clues announcing/screaming which famous book will be this movie's touchstone.

I can't decide if piggybacking (dammit, no) on Charlotte's Web is incredibly on-the-nose or absolutely required to lift this LL a tenth of an inch above "forgettable."  I suppose we try it both ways.

Lots of fluff smothering this logline.  Let's begin by ripping off the padding, see what remains.

"A 12-year-old must protect her family from the talented spider she secretly raised when it becomes a giant flesh-eating monster."

Forgettable.  Is it better if we reinstate the Charlotte's Web stuff?

"12-year-old Charlotte must protect her family from the charming spider she secretly raised when it mutates into a giant flesh-eating monster."

The book callback is the only memorable thing in this LL.  No question, it has to stay.

38 words down to 24.  No point fluffing a threadbare logline.

Riff track

Can we inject something, anything to make a silk purse out of this sow's ear (SSSOMEBODY STAAAP ME!)?

"12-year-old Charlotte must save her city from the charming spider she secretly raised when it mutates into the world's most dangerously well-intentioned arachnid superhero."
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 12:39 PM by Pitchpatch » Logged

NTSF:SD:SUV::
Pages: [1]   Back To Top
  Print  

Jump to: